We have been busy baking pies for Christmas Eve dessert and Christmas dinner. The requests this year were apple pie and pecan pie. Wish me luck because this is my first time making either kind--I know, I know who hasn't baked either one of those pies before? It's just so much easier BUYING pies! Brayden has been helping with adding ingredients and of course, helping with the shopping list! He's more interested in the end result...
Yesterday, Blake and Gloria came over to play and hang out. While Brayden and Blake were busy playing "pirates", Gigi, Delayna, and I were in the kitchen baking Snowman Cookies for Santa. Although, Brayden and Blake were 1st in line to test out the cookies before we decorated them! Here's a video of Gloria helping--she is such a cutie!
So I've told this story in an e-mail, but thought I would post it too! Brayden got an e-mail from Santa, which he was VERY excited about! This is the e-mail Brayden sent back to SANTA--he is soooo funny! I'm glad he's a believer... He was so angry that the Santa at the mall was fake...he thought the newspaper should get in trouble for false advertising! AND, when Brayden tells the mall story he uses his "hands/fingers" to use "quotations" when he says "SANTA"--which cracks me up that he wrote it that way in his e-mail! Haa haa! Anyways, here is the e-mail in response to Santa's letter (Which I haven't been able to post)
Hi Santa! This is unbelievable! and by the way I'll leave some treats for both the reindeer and you. (hopefully I'll get all the stuff on my wish list!) It was pretty disappointing that "Santa" was not real when the newspaper said it was. (it was at the mall like every year!) (but was it actually you?.) Anyway it was really cool that you e-mailed me! Bye!
Brayden
(His original e-mail had a smiley face before and after his name--thank you yahoo!)
Here are the photos of Brayden and Delayna at the mall with the "Santa" (The fake one, as Brayden is convinced.)


Here are the kids with the REAL Santa! Santa was just as happy to see them, as they were to see him!


1 comment:
I love the Santa pictures! :) Where was the "real" Santa? We just went to the mall Santa.
I'm someone that doesn't make her own pies, so don't feel bad. In fact, tonight we're having a good 'ol fashioned Sara Lee. ;) And I don't feel one ounce of guilt.
Merry Christmas and Happy Ho Ho Ho
Post a Comment