Today is a bummer kind of day...Kirsten and Kyle are leaving on the ferry to Ketchikan this morning, and then back to Juneau. This just tells us that summer is ending.
It's really hard to see them go, knowing that we won't see them for awhile. It was great to have them here, so we are happy for that! Matt was also here for a few days and left earlier in the week. It was great to have him here too! We also had a sweet surprise of Kurt coming through Craig on his Uncle's fishing boat that he has been on since June. It had been so long since we had seen him, I almost cried! (Okay, I did--no surprise there!!)
We had some fun while everyone was here! Here are some pics to see what we've been
up to!
We built a bonfire on the beach (in the background, with baby in stroller) and roasted hot dogs and then s'mores!
Kyle, Delayna, and Kirsten
Kirsten and Kyle--sittin' by the fire (thanks to Kyle's fire skills!)
Baby liked her "numma nums"--marshmallows and graham crackers!
Delayna, Brayden, Kurt, Kirsten, and Matt letting their crazy picture takin' fool of a mom/step-mom take ONE MORE PICTURE!!!
Brayden getting ready to board his plane from Ketchikan to Juneau---which reminds me--
funny story: I get a phone call at 8:05 pm on Friday (on my cell with caller id) and it is Brayden telling me, "Mom, I didn't get off the plane in Juneau, I'm in Anchorage!" (wish you could have heard the giggle in his voice!)
I said, "Oh NO! I better call Aunt Missy and have her come pick you up--I'll call you right back!"
He said, "NO WAIT!! I WAS JUST KIDDING!!! DON'T CALL AUNT MISSY, I'M NOT REALLY THERE!!"
Just goes to show him--you can't mess with the pro--"Just Kidding" master!!
Delayna playing IN the toy tub at the Ketchikan Airport, getting ready to say goodbye to Bubby.
One...two...three! Matt and Kirsten jumped off the boat dock--notice Brayden keeping his distance!!
Matt swimming back to the dock, after jumping off (Kirsten and Brayden looking on). This was AFTER he told Kirsten they would jump on the count of three and she jumped and he didn't!! Brothers... ;)
(He had a GREAT explanation though--he wanted to make sure she could get out so he wanted to be able to pull her up and out.)
Next Purchase? A LADDER so they can climb out easier!!
I'm not sure they would have jumped had this been in the water THAT day!! Isn't this the BIGGEST jellyfish you have ever seen? Look how long the tentacles are!!
Huge--absolutely--HUGE!!
2 comments:
love the pics of your cute little fam...
the website is yogatoday.com
50-60 min classes w/ warm up and all. somewhere on the top right sidebar you can actually go to all of the last 10 classes or so and pick, level, area to work on etc.
hugs...
awww, I miss my Mindy friend! looks like you're enjoying Craig! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment